Blackened Halibut with Mango Salsa
• 1 pound halibut filets
• Blackened seasoning
• 1 mango, medium diced
• 1⁄4 red onion, finely diced
• 1⁄4 red pepper, finely diced
• 1 clove roasted garlic, mashed • 2 scallions, sliced thinly
• 1 tablespoon cilantro
• Juice from 1 lime
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon honey or agave • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. First, prepare the salsa by simply prepping and mixing all ingredients (except for the halibut and blackened seasoning of course). The flavors work best together when prepared a couple of hours before serving.
2. Season the halibut with the blackened seasoning and sear it in a pan or on the flat top. Finish cooking in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes until it is cooked all the way through, but still light and flaky.
3. Serve halibut with a spoonful of the salsa on top.
Tags: blackened, brandon, clean, cook, digest, dinner, easy, eat, fitness, food, halibut, health, lean, lifestyle, lose, lunch, mango, mcdearis, meal, menu, Nutrition, recipe, salsa, strength, train, weight
Check Out My Business Website
Check out more information about my business, YourWayCuisine.com